Travel Doctor – services include Travel Consultations, Travel Vaccinations including Yellow Fever
Mount Medical Centre offers you the opportunity to have a full and comprehensive travel medicine consultation and are authorised to administer all travel vaccinations, including Yellow Fever.
Dr Rob Hilligan is very experienced in travel medicine and has Diplomas in tropical Medicine and Public Health.
Dr James Peckett has now completed his Certificate In Travel Medicine.
A Travel Consultation usually requires a 30 minute appointment to discuss in detail the vaccines required and many other important aspects regarding safe travel.
Do I need a pre-travel consultation with a Travel Doctor?
- Travel to Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Asia or South America. Even if only visiting friends or relatives.
- Requiring travel vaccinations.
- Over 60 years old.
- Chronic medical conditions – diabetes, asthma/COPD, heart disease, epilepsy, mental health diagnoses, blood clots,
recent surgery, cancer.
- Travel to high risk areas – isolated/intrepid journeys, altitude, extreme activities, areas of conflict or disaster.
- Volunteers and aid workers.
- Travelling overseas for medical/dental treatment.
- School and sport trips to developing areas.
- Pregnant or breast feeding travellers.
- Immunosuppressed individuals.
We recommend that the above travellers consult a Travel Doctor, preferably at least 6 weeks prior to travel.
View this link below and print out to take with you to your travel doctor consultation
Contact Us now to organise an appointment on 5753073.