Yes! We still offer Travel Consultations despite recent disruptions to international travel. With uncertainty around transport delays and lockdowns overseas (and returning to Aotearoa), it is all the more important to discuss potential health risks and strategies to reduce ill health while overseas. If you are planning on leaving New Zealand, we suggest a travel consultation.
Mount Medical Centre offers you the opportunity to have a full and comprehensive travel medicine consultation and are authorised to administer all travel vaccinations, including Yellow Fever. Dr James Peckett and Dr Jess Ryan have completed the Certificate In Travel Medicine.
A Travel Consultation usually requires a 30-minute appointment to discuss in detail the vaccines required and many other important aspects regarding safe travel.
Do I need a pre-travel consultation with a Travel Doctor?
- Travel to Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe, Asia or South America. Even if only visiting friends or relatives.
- Requiring travel vaccinations.
- Over 60 years old.
- Chronic medical conditions – diabetes, asthma/COPD, heart disease, epilepsy, mental health diagnoses, blood clots,
recent surgery, cancer.
- Travel to high-risk areas – isolated/intrepid journeys, altitude, extreme activities, areas of conflict or disaster.
- Volunteers and aid workers.
- Travelling overseas for medical/dental treatment.
- School and sports trips to developing areas.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding travellers.
- Immunosuppressed individuals.
We recommend that the above travellers consult a Travel Doctor, preferably at least 6 weeks prior to travel.
Download the Travel Medicine Checklist, print it out to take with you to your travel doctor consultation.
Contact Us now to organise an appointment on 07 5753073.